PhD Fellow at Centre for Citizenship, Civil Society and the Rule of Law
Dr Elizabeth Macknight
Prof Christopher Brittain
Fields of Interest
Historical, Political and Economic Sociology, Political Theory, Critical Theory, Alternative Economies, Cryptomarkets
Teaching (University of Edinburgh)
– Sustainable Development 1A (Winter semester 2015/2016)
– Sociology 1B (Summer semester 2015/2016)
– Sociology 2B (Summer semester 2015/2016)
Book Review: Hahnel, Robin and Eric Olin Wright. 2014. Alternatives to Capitalism: Proposals for a Democratic Economy. British Journal of Sociology. 5 August 2016.
- 2015/11/06: Co-Organising and chairing the roundtable discussion “Migrant Voices – Public Narratives”. Organised by Sociology, University of Edinburgh in collaboration with Archivio delle Memorie Migranti (Rome, Italy) and LIVED (Charity)
- 2015/12/10-11: Co-Organising the conference “Weber / Simmel Antagonisms: Staged Dialogues”. Organised by the Max Weber Group of the British Sociological Association and Sociology, University of Edinburgh.
- 2016/03/21-22: Presentation ‘Multi-sited Ethnography and Organisational Ethnography: Thoughts on their Combination in the Context of Worker Cooperatives’; also member of the organising committee for the conference “New Directions”. Organised by Sociology, University of Edinburgh.
- 2016/09/22-24: European Society for Social Drug Research; Presentation with Dr A. Bancroft ‘Pricing Strategy of Drug Vendors on Dark-Net Markets’.
- 9th International Research Methods Workshop ‘Methods for PhD’ (Grounded Theory, Qualitative Comparative Analysis, Social-Network Analysis
2011-2012: Magister Litterarum (Master of Letters) in International Political Theory, The University of St Andrews / United Kingdom. Dissertation: ‘Arendt Dates Marx: Capitalism as the Mortician of Worldliness’
2008-2011: BSc (Bachelor of Science) in Economics and Management, Libera Università di Bolzano (The Free University of Bolzano) / Italy
2011, Summer term: Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey (ERASMUS)
2009, Summer term: National Sun-Yat-Sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan (awarded via a bilateral university agreement)
Scholarship from the region South-Tyrol in Italy for 2009-2011: “Borsa di Studio della Provincia Autonoma di Bolzano, Alto Adige”